Roulette is a popular casino game, which has changed a lot over time, and thanks to advanced technology, it has moved from land-based casinos to online platforms. With its online presence, the popularity of this casino game has increased. Although this game requires more luck than skill, you should understand how the game works in general. Most players are familiar with the classic game of roulette, however, various online variants do not differ much from the classic version. What is behind this popular game, based on which technology it works, before you start playing for real money, it would be good to familiarize yourself with it. We will explain all this to you in the rest of the article.
Technology for online roulette games
The technology used to play roulette in land-based casinos is different from the technology used in online casinos. In classic casinos, when throwing a ball, the outcome is determined by the force, pressure, position, and speed of the wheel, which affect where the ball will land. The combination of these factors is too complex to predict, so the number the ball lands on is essentially random.
The technology used for online roulette is:
- RNG – Online casinos use software that mimics random number generation, which creates the conditions for the ball to drop completely randomly. A random number generator (RNG) is programmed to select numbers at random. The technology behind this game requires regular updates to ensure that the system functions flawlessly. The software throws out a series of numbers continuously, and the last number in the series represents the number on which the ball stops. The pattern of the sequence of numbers is complex and close to pure randomness, so there is no possibility to predict which number will be chosen next.
- OCR – Optical Character Recognition Software – In the game of roulette, the use of character recognition software is very important. The OCR software serves to decode each action by the dealer and later process it into characters, which are recognizable to the software. OCR technology uses cameras, which track the actions on the roulette table. This process is completed in just a few seconds, allowing players to make each subsequent action based on the information available to them on the screen.
- GCU Program – The GCU is a small device whose role is to encode data from the game and ensure that it is projected onto the screen, allowing you to stream live.
- Cameras – With the help of cameras, players are provided with a stable video connection through which they can stream live, which means that they can see the game from all angles, which they could never see in a classic casino.
- Interface – One of the reasons why roulette is a popular game is the special interface, which is designed to allow players to easily place bets on any variant of roulette, and communicate live with dealers.
Popular online roulette platforms
Online casinos are becoming more and more popular every day, and are a favorite place for casino game lovers, where you can play your favorite games from anywhere. There are hundreds of online platforms and the best online roulette casinos in 2023 that provide an amazing online roulette experience are Royal Panda, Genesis, and Betwinner. The aforementioned platforms offer you the ultimate roulette experience and the thrill of enjoying this great game from the warmth of your home.
Communication with dealers live
Thanks to modern technology and chat monitors, you can communicate with real dealers, who are equipped with microphones, and in just a few seconds, they can communicate with players, without stopping the game.
The game of online roulette brings a constant stream of income, and online casinos constantly offer their player’s tempting offers of bonuses and promotions, to increase competitiveness and attract as many players as possible. Before you even start playing for real money, familiarize yourself with the program of bonuses and promotions in the game of roulette, which online casinos offer, as well as what are the conditions that you must meet to be eligible to receive the bonus.
Safety in playing online roulette
Safe online gambling provides several security layers:
- Data encryption software ensures the privacy of each player’s personal information and financial transactions.
- End-to-end encryption is a type of encryption that creates codes that can only be decoded by the intended account.
- Two-step verification is a security layer, where players receive a unique code to verify account ownership, which they need to enter at login.
For potential fraudsters to understand the technology used in online roulette, they would have to observe thousands of games, before they could even analyze the data they collected using complex techniques. To even do this, they would have to know all the necessary programming skills and game patterns. Online casinos are very careful when it comes to fraudsters, and any accounts that show any suspicious activity are automatically suspended. Also one of the security measures that online casinos use, is that at any time, in case of need, they can change the software for generating random numbers.
In this article, we have tried to bring you the technology behind the roulette game in the best possible way. Behind the online roulette game is modern technology, which allows you to play this game from anywhere, even on the go. Renowned online platforms offer popular roulette games, which, thanks to modern technology, guarantee a safe and fair game.