Bond cleaning, also known as end-of-tenancy cleaning, is a thorough cleaning of a rental property before the tenant’s departure. It is a requirement in most rental agreements in Melbourne that tenants must leave the property in the same situation as when they moved in. Failure to do so can result in deductions from the tenant’s bond or security deposit. In this article, we’ll cover everything about bond cleaning Melbourne.
What Does Bond Cleaning Entail?
Bond cleaning is an extensive cleaning process that includes cleaning all areas of the rental property, including bathrooms, kitchens, bedrooms, living areas, and outdoor spaces. Bond cleaning always aims to ensure the property is left in the best possible condition for the next tenant to move in.
Some of the cleaning tasks included in bond cleaning are:
- Cleaning of floors and walls
- Cleaning of kitchen appliances and surfaces
- Cleaning of bathrooms, toilets, and showers
- Cleaning of windows and doors
- Cleaning of carpets and curtains
- Cleaning of outdoor spaces, including patios and balconies
- Removal of rubbish and debris
Bond cleaning includes minor repairs and maintenance tasks, such as replacing light bulbs, repairing minor damages, and fixing leaky taps. It is important to note that any significant property damage may incur additional costs for the tenant.
Why is Bond Cleaning Important?
Bond cleaning is essential because it helps tenants ensure they receive their full bond or security deposit back. Failure to clean the rental property properly may result in deductions from the bond to cover the cost of cleaning or repairs. This can be expensive, especially if the property requires extensive cleaning or repairs.
Bond cleaning Sydney is also essential for landlords and property managers because it helps ensure the property is left in the best possible condition for the next tenant. In addition, a clean and well-maintained property is more attractive to potential tenants and can help to reduce the time it takes to find a new tenant.
How Much Does Bond Cleaning Cost?
The cost of bond cleaning in Melbourne varies depending on many factors, such as the size of the property, the level of cleaning required, and the property’s location. However, on average, bond cleaning in Melbourne can cost between $200 and $1000.
It is important to note that the tenant usually pays for the cost of bond cleaning. However, some landlords or property managers may offer to pay for the cleaning as a goodwill gesture.
How to Choose a Bond Cleaning Service?
Choosing a reliable and reputable bond cleaning service in Melbourne can be challenging. Here are a few tips to help you choose the exemplary bond cleaning service:
- Please do your research: Research several bond cleaning services in your area and compare their services, prices, and customer reviews.
- Check for accreditation: Look for bond cleaning services accredited by relevant industry bodies, such as the Cleaning Council of Australia.
- Ask for references: Ask the bond cleaning service for references from previous customers.
- Check for insurance: Ensure that the bond cleaning service has insurance coverage in case of any damages or accidents.
- Get a written quote: Obtain a written quote from the bond cleaning service that outlines the services to be provided and the cost of the cleaning.
- Check for guarantees: Look for bond cleaning services that offer a satisfaction guarantee. They will return to the property to rectify any issues if the cleaning is not up to standard.
Bond cleaning is an essential requirement for tenants in Melbourne who are moving out of a rental property. Ensuring the property is left in the best possible condition is essential to avoid any bond or security deposit deductions.